Phylum Apple

A new convert joins the Phylum of Apple.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Thinking Different.

Apple hopes that their introduction of the Mac mini will entice more Windows users to their camp. Well, I can attest to that! For I, myself, a staunch Windows user, am willing to take the plunge (or leap, whatever) to Aquadom.

Funny thing is, though I did entertain a notion of actually purchasing the Mac mini--and how could I not? The Mac mini's so cheap and cute, I can't help but slobber for one--I finally decided I didn't need another desktop. I already have a monster of a Windows box at home which is capable of anything I throw at it, and I use another, more sedated box at work. But it was too late. I had already took a bite of the Apple, and I wanted the whole fruit to myself. I had to have a Mac. Mac OS X was too cool to ignore.

In my line of work, a notebook's always handy to have around, so that's exactly what I'm planning on getting. A Mac notebook. Since I can't afford a PowerBook (sniff sniff), I'll have to make do with an iBook G4. Which is good too. I've decided that a 12" iBook G4 upgraded with 512MB would be suitable for my needs, which would be word processing, e-mail and web-browsing. I know I can get a cheaper notebook for such tasks... but then it wouldn't be a Mac now, would it?

I plan to get one in the early days of March, when my February salary comes in. A Mac in March. Not bad, huh? I could probably get the iBook sooner, but I'm planning on getting an iPod shuffle first, on which topic I will deal with in its own blog post.